Red Red Wine - Nutritional & Health Benefits
Who doesn’t love a glass of red wine with a nice dinner or with a cheese platter with good friends? And what is the best part? Red wine also happens to come with health benefits!
Let’s see which those benefits are!
- Red wine contains resveratrol, which is a powerful antioxidant. It is linked with many health benefits, including reduced inflammation, lower risk of heart disease and cancer, and extended lifespan. However, if you are just drinking red wine only for its resveratrol content, then I would suggest other sources like blueberries, cranberries, and peanuts.
- Red wine is packed with active compounds, like polyphenols and quercetin, that have cardioprotective properties. Studies have shown that moderate consumption of red wine can regulate blood pressure levels, reduce inflammation, increase HDL cholesterol, lower LDL cholesterol, and prevent oxidative stress.
- Red wine, like other alcoholic drinks, boost the level of omega-3 fatty acids in red blood cells and in plasma. It is known that omega-3 fatty acids are responsible for overall cardiovascular health.
- One of the most well-known facts about red wine is that it helps in anti-aging. Aw, yes! As we said earlier, red wine is loaded with antioxidants, that help restore collagen and elastic fiber to fight aging. 😉
- Red wine is a good friend for your teeth. Studies showed that it is very effective against bacteria responsible for dental diseases. Raise a glass, smile, and cheers to a cavity-free life. 😊
What does moderate consumption of red wine mean?
- 1 - 1.5 glasses per day for women
- 1 - 2 glasses per day for men
- no more than 5 glasses per week.
In case you needed another excuse to consume red wine (IN MODERATION)… I am summing up the benefits for you. 😉 It is good for the heart, it is good for the skin, it is good for the teeth, it is good for the soul, and it is packed with antioxidants. I am pretty sure that there are other (and probably more effective) ways to improve your health, but since you already consume it, why not show off its health benefits?